When you’re not getting what you want…
Pull away indirectly
- Don’t make it seem like you’re reacting, instead accidentally distract yourself so they can’t take offense
- what’s convenient about this, is that you will eventually stop your emotions from getting caught up in someone else’s actions
Get them to do something for you
- This could be something as can you hand me a napkin
- This wouldn’t make them feel like your trying to get something from them, they would do it naturally
Reward them for the activity
- This is real subtle, you don’t want to make someone feel inferior
- Saying thank you in a positive tone makes them feel rewarded for something that you asked them to do
Communication for dummies.
If you want more of something from your partner,
Praise him !
Praise him , so he will feel inclined to do more of it
with these 3 simple steps
1) – I noticed earlier that you ________
2) – Thanks for doing that !
3) – It made me feel _________